Tuesday, February 10, 2009

LAX


About 2 weeks ago, I was making plans to come to LA for a workshop (conference, meeting, whatever), and went to buy tickets.  They were only a couple hundred dollars, so I asked the Crab-Mama if she would like to come out with the kids with me.  She agreed, so we bought tickets, and now we are all in Los Angeles for the week.  Obviously, we can't do this often, but once in a while, it makes it quite nice to bring everyone along.

Crab-Mama's Mama lives out here, as well as good friends that we have.  So, while I listen to scientists pontificating on why their ideas are the only relevant ones around, the Crablets will be enjoying things like the zoo and Sea World and such.  Well, maybe.  It depends on how much we can actually afford to do.  Maybe swim in Granny-Crab #3's pool for a bit...???

It is funny that the week we come out the LA, the weather turns very nice in Michigan, and crappy in California.  Nice.  Oh well, anything is better than the -10 that we have been experiencing for the last couple of months.  It has been pretty bitterly cold.  Interestingly, I think that I am getting used to it.  Got the really-cold-weather coats (layers of winter coats!), gloves, boots, 3 shirts, etc. to protect myself from the elements.  I am all good.  Not to say that I won't be happy with 40+ degrees.  Maybe I can wear shorts!

Ok, it is 12:24 AM in MI.  I am exhausted.  Crab-Mama just shut her computer, so that is a hint...

No comments: