Saturday, December 27, 2008

Stuck in Time

I am stuck in San Francisco time. There is really no reason to exit that time-zone, since the kids are relatively stuck there also, and when they wake up, all they want to do is play the new Wii. Which means that wii can sleep (wii!!!).

One of my problems that I have with work is that I want to work on the things that I like doing. For example, I like coding on the models that I create. This is the fun part of my job. But, really, I have all sorts of other crap that I really should be doing. Like e-mailing students who ask about books and grades and crap. I just don't want to deal with it. I want to code and live in a little bubble where I can enjoy my job. I shouldn't have to deal with it on vacation, right?

Well, I am going to code for a few more minutes while ignoring the rest of the world and the 2800 e-mails in my inbox that I should really be going through and filing and crap. I typically take the week between Christmas and New Years to clean out my inbox. I just have no motivation to do that.

Oh well. Maybe tomorrow.

No comments: