I love music. I love listening to music. I would have it on all of the time, just because. I have actually, at times, been listening to something soft and delicate and said to my self, I should listen to music and move to put something on, and realized that there was already music playing. I just is so much a part of me.
I like a wide variety of music, but I have to admit, that I don't wander off the beaten path too much. Most of the music that you would find on my computer is music that you could hear on SOME radio station. What typically happens is that I hear a song that I really love, and then I go out and get every album by that band/person. Some examples:
1. Oingo Boingo. Everyone knows "Weird Science", but very few people have pretty much everything that they have ever made (well, I don't have everything...) "Cinderella Undercover" is one of the best songs ever made. "The cartoon animals on Old McDonald's Farm, are nodding off with needles in their arms."
2. B-52s. "Love Shack"? You think that's the best there is? "Rock Lobster" and "Wig" are the best. Then "Planet Clare" and "Private Idaho". Come on. It doesn't get any better than this. When you are cleaning the house on a bright spring day, nothing is better.
3. Metallica. Hell Yeah. These guys rock. But, I have to admit, that most of the popular songs are their best songs. "One" is so unbelievable. "Master of Puppets" is ok, but there are definitely better.
4. Kate Bush. Ok, I haven't listened to here in a long, long time. Haven't listened to Tori Amos much lately either.
5. Springsteen. Nebraska is one of the best albums ever made. Tunnel of Love. That is some good stuff.
6. We are on a Coldplay kick. Not gay, but love Coldplay.
Ok, I don't need to go through all the music I listen to. You pretty much get the point. It is close to the path. Not exactly on it, but close.
1 year ago