Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Robots!

I am here at my daughter's robotics class. She is doing this in the evenings. Theoretically, she is learning C, too, but not really. They are still playing with building the robots without actually programming them. Four boys and my daughter. And, if I am not biased, she is probably the best one there. Totally unbiased. She was actually the lead programmer for her Lego Robotics team last year. Yeah, she pretty much kicks ass (Crab-Girl, if you are reading this at some point in the future, you do kick ass!)

Was I this geeky when I was a kid? The guy who is running the class is something like 15 years old. He is a super geek. I think that I would have qualified as being in this category also. I don't know if he is wearing tube socks with his wallet in his sock, but maybe that was only cool in the 80s? Ok, enough ragging on poor 15 year-old kids that will eventually grow up to be me....

No comments: