Monday, September 14, 2009

Pre-Class Blurb

Last semester, my class started at 10 AM.  It was great, because I could show up to the building that I taught and sit there for about 90 minutes by myself.  It was a very nice relaxing time in which I could do class prep or read e-mail or blog or whatever.  This semester, my class starts at 9 AM.  In some ways this is nice too, because I am done with class an hour earlier.  When I get back to my office, it doesn't feel like the whole morning is gone.  But, it does mean that I don't get that extra hour.  Right now, I should be uploading my lecture and not blogging.

I think that more blogs will therefore happen at night, then, instead of in the calm right before class.

Ok.  I have to upload.

2 comments:

Space Prof said...

Should time spent blogging be considered as legitimate, work-related, hours on the clock? I am sure that you, like other profs at big universities, usually work far more than 40 hours a week, so a few minutes of blogging isn't a big deal. But is this endeavor value-added and beneficial to our work lives?

PUI prof said...

One class a day?!?!? WOW!