Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Crabby Day #1

Alright, I had a pretty crappy day.

Mrs. Crab has been working in Flint for the last couple days, which make me in charge of the little crabs. Crab-girl is going to a summer camp this week, while crab-boy is staying at home. It makes me realize how much easier it is to totally ignore a 10 year old than a 7 year old. He is constantly wanting attention, and not wanting me to actually work. I mean, come on.

I guess the main problem is that I am pretty freaking busy at work, and I have a hard time letting go of my outrageous stress. And the fact that crab-boy has no idea how irritating it is to be asked if he can go play with the neighbors 162,347 times in 3 minutes. He also doesn't want to go run a bunch of errands. Enter my rage.

Here is where the dumb-ass part of me comes out. Mrs. Crab and I call me "Dr. Dumass".

I should just abandon my want, no, my desire, to actually work. I should spend time with my son, building with Legos, going for a mini bike ride, or playing a board game, or something. Or, just let him play video games and watch Pokemon all day long (what he really wanted to do!)

Well, tomorrow, he is going to Grandpa's house. Let's see if he can get Grandpas to play with him!

I promise that Thursday I will be a better dad. Unless I am not.

Bed-time for bad-dad.

No comments: